xscreensaver & password

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Thu Oct 8 20:19:19 UTC 2015

On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 13:47:53 -0500, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

> Some of us change the tub....slock.

	Is that a typo? I can't make head nor tail of it, and Wikipedia
has never heard of slock.

	In answer to a reply under the list, I do know (I think) that it
really is xscreensaver I'm running. First, its help says so; second, dnf
can't remove gnome-screensaver, because it claims to know nothing of it;
third, all my old favorite Zawinski choices are there. Also, less surely,
neither Fedora's app-finder nor I can find any other screensaver
installed.

	I may be reduced to the trick of putting some huge number in to
tell it how long to wait; trouble with that is, I like to watch (some)
screensavers.

	Anybody familiar with mate-screensaver? (I'm running xfce.)

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.