starting to look at the cloud...

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 9 21:31:43 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 06:06:56PM -0400, bruce wrote:
> My goal, to get a bit of exposure to how to do basic
> dns/provisioning/monitoring of multiple instances. To be able to craft
> (quickly) whatever has to be created to be able to spin up/down, have
> a couple of separate apps running on different instances, and having
> them interact with a test db, that kind of thing..
> In order to get the above, gotta climb the learning curve. Keep in
> mind, I'm not looking to dive into sysadmin stuff any more than I need
> to!!!
>
> So, any pointers on where to turn to for initial docs/stuff to look over..

If you're just jumping in right now, I highly recommend looking at Red
Hat's Project Atomic <http://www.projectatomic.io/> (and, hey, it's on
topic after all - Fedora Atomic Host).

This focuses on the app deployment story, not just "basically a hosted
vm, but with an api instead of a web control panel". And it sounds like
you're looking for the full deal. :)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>