dnf install custom rpm - dnf upgrade

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 10:04:00 UTC 2015

I built my own .rpm's for a meta package. These packages are only a
modification of an existing Fedora package. Before I installed my own
packages, I first removed the original version from Fedora.

Thus now $ dnf list installed return correctly:
Software     version-MyBuild.fc22.1

When doing a system upgrade, dnf want to install the original Fedora version:
Software-version.fc22.1

Is there a way to change somewhere this behavior? Why dnf want to
upgrade a package which is not installed? I guess one solution would
be to give a different name for my own tweak rpm, but I thought
changing only versisoning would be enough. Another solution would be
to ignore these packages. Is there a clean and recommended way to
avoid dnf to upgrade these customs rpm's ?

Thank you for hints

--

google.com/+arnaudgabourygabx