Memroy invasion

Patrick Dupre pdupre at gmx.com
Mon Oct 12 18:47:55 UTC 2015

> On 10/11/2015 11:27 AM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> > Actually, the issue is with xmgrace which generate:
> >
> >   PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
> > 1351 root      20   0  462744 105588  50068 R  84.4  3.5  24:46.20 Xorg.bin
>
> If you're seeing high CPU utilization in Xorg.bin, it's probably an
> indication that you are using gnome-shell, and your graphics driver
> doesn't support GL acceleration.  In that case, Xorg.bin will use
> software rendering (llvmpipe).  So, check your logs for further info.
>
> ---
> $ systemctl list-units -t scope
> UNIT                             LOAD   ACTIVE SUB     DESCRIPTION
> session-5.scope                  loaded active running Session 5 of user
> martin
> [...]

systemctl list-units -t scope
UNIT             LOAD   ACTIVE SUB       DESCRIPTION
session-1.scope  loaded active running   Session 1 of user pdupre
session-c1.scope loaded active abandoned Session c1 of user gdm

LOAD   = Reflects whether the unit definition was properly loaded.
ACTIVE = The high-level unit activation state, i.e. generalization of SUB.
SUB    = The low-level unit activation state, values depend on unit type.

2 loaded units listed. Pass --all to see loaded but inactive units, too.
To show all installed unit files use 'systemctl list-unit-files'.

I am attaching the result of journalctl -b -u session-1.scope