NFS on new workstation

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 14 14:41:20 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 11:57:34AM +0100, Jonathan Allen wrote:
> I have currently typed:
>    # service nfs start
>    # mount -tnfs server:/share /share
> The first witters, but works; the second brings up the NFS filestore as
> expected.
> How can I make the 'nfs' service package start at boot time so that the
> rpc.statd service is available ?

To clarify -- to do this, you can do `systemctl enable nfs` (Yeah, the
verb-object relationship is switched from the service command to
systemd's systemctl — ah well.) "Enable" means "start on boot"; you can
also do `systemctl start nfs` instead of the service command, and it's
probably good practice to start training your fingers in that way.

The downside of this, though, is that if you have an NFS share mounted
and the network goes away, NFS is usually rather unhappy.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>