Importing external abook.mab

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 01:31:52 UTC 2015

On 10/14/2015 07:19 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 10/15/2015 09:14 AM, jd1008 wrote:

>>> But that is very easy to workaround.
>>>
>>> 1.  Take note of all the mab files in your T-Bird directory.
>>> 2.  Add a new address book
>>> 3.  Find the new mab file which is created
>>> 4.  Quit T-bird
>>> 5.  Copy old mab to the new mab, or just do a move
>>> 6.  Start T-Bird
>>> 7.  Done  (And I have done that many times)
>>>
>> So I have to end up with many .mab files?
> Nope....
>
> 1.  Open address book GUI
> 2.  Highlight all the entries in the new address book.
> 3.  Drag and Drop to the original address book, usually "Personal Address Book"
> 4.  Delete the new address book
>> Does TB look  into all of them when you start typing a recipient name and tries to auto-complete?
>>
> Yes.

Thanx.
If TB will look into all .mab files for locating a recipient, then do I
really need to put all contacts into one .mab file?