Change entry to grub menu

Porfirio Andres Paiz Carrasco porfiriopaiz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 18:12:21 UTC 2015

> Iam running Fedora in multi-boot with Windows10 (that was not recognized at
> installation time). With os-prober I get an entry for Windows but it says
> that is the recovery environment (that was included at installation time),
> so I have two similar entries on sda1 and sda2, the first starting Window 10
> How can I change the menu entry?? Tnx for help

I'm not sure what scenario you are facing with Windows 10, but I think
that should not be too different than in Windows 8.

I fixed this on my laptop, but in my case os-prober didn't recognized
a Debian that previously I installed along with the Windows 8 that
came already installed on the laptop. When I installed fedora, the
os-prober from fedora recognized Windows 8 but no added the debian
grub entry on the new grub installed by fedora, where no listed.

I fixed this by reading a ubuntu wiki, the arch wiki, and watching
this video series from Nehal Wani youtube channel, I think this video
can give you some insight in order to fix your problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzUKCApxfRw

The link to the ubuntu wiki, read the sample 4 from:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2/CustomMenus#Sample_Menuentries

If you need more help in order to accomplish this, please let know and
provide all of the feedback that we will need.

Kind regards.