OT: but could be useful to other users also

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Oct 17 03:53:08 UTC 2015

Allegedly, on or about 16 October 2015, jd1008 sent:
> Have external usb 3.0 drive.
> Laptop has usb 2.0 ports, and 1 eSata-II port.
> In order for me to get decent I/O throughput
> with this drive, I need a cable that has usb 3.0 Micro-B male
> connector on one and and male eSata connector on the other.
> I do not know if this will require a protocol converter or not.

I would think you'd need an adaptor (something with circuitry inside
it), to convert between the two very different types of interfaces.  It
won't be merely a cable with different plugs at each end (well, you
might find a cable which has embedded circuitry in a connector, but it's
not *merely* a cable).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.

If you are not the intended recipient, why are you reading their email?
You bastard!