OT: but could be useful to other users also

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 18:07:09 UTC 2015

On 10/16/2015 10:02 PM, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 08:12:33PM -0600, jd1008 wrote:
>> Have external usb 3.0 drive.
>> Laptop has usb 2.0 ports, and 1 eSata-II port.
>> In order for me to get decent I/O throughput
>> with this drive, I need a cable that has usb 3.0 Micro-B male
>> connector on one and and male eSata connector on the other.
>> I do not know if this will require a protocol converter or not.
>> I have searched Ebay for such a cable, to no avail.
>> If anyone has more info to shed light on this, would be
>> appreciated.
>>
> I see male eSATA to male USB3 cable/adapters.  Perhaps you
> could add a female USB3 to male micro-b adapter such as:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Type-Female-Micro-Male-Adapter/dp/B004574Y7E

Awesome!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!
I will use the cable Ed showed, and the converter you show
to solve my problem.
I found the coverter (using the name you provided to search)
on ebay for $3.12 with Free Shippping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OTG-Blue-USB-3-0-High-Speed-Type-A-Female-to-Micro-B-Male-Plug-Adapter-Converter-/151237285178?hash=item233671d53a:g:hpAAAOSwPe1T~~dT

Kind regards,

JD