OT: but could be useful to other users also

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 17:20:42 UTC 2015

On 10/19/2015 10:03 AM, jd1008 wrote:
> OK, so I went back to searching and found this item:
>
> http://www.newertech.com/products/esatatousb3.php
>
> It internal converts eSata to usb3.0 protocol.

Which is the opposite of what you said you need:

    "Connect your eSATA equipped external drive to a USB 3.0 port for
    SuperSpeed data transfer!"

If the thing you're looking for exists, I've never seen it.  I really
don't think it does.

Note that USB devices expect power, and eSata doesn't provide it. If you
find a device that does what you want, one of the indications will be
that it comes with a power supply of its own.  It won't be a cable,
alone, nor will it be an adapter without a power supply.