OT: but could be useful to other users also

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 17:59:30 UTC 2015

On 10/19/2015 10:32 AM, jd1008 wrote:
> Did I?
> I thought I said my external drive is usb3.0 with Micro-B connector
> and my laptop has eSata female port.

Yes, you misinterpreted what I wrote.  You said that you want to connect
a drive with USB interface to an eSata port on your laptop. The
information for the product you listed does the opposite of that, as
evidenced by the quote I included from its description.

> Howver, what I read about this item is that
> it can be used in either direction:
> eSata device to usb port on laptop
> usb3 device to esata port on laptop.

I don't see anything on the page which indicates that.