Laptop screen recommendations - Fedora 22 & KDE

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 20:03:31 UTC 2015

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:44:30 -0600
CS DBA wrote:

> I'm not sure if this
> is the anti glare filter or if it's that Linux support for the Video
> card (Intel HD Graphics 5500) is not quite there yet.

It may well be the $#@! "Broadcast RGB" setting that the Intel
driver insists on providing by default. On the TV I use for
a monitor at home, I need to run:

xrandr --output HDMI2 --set 'Broadcast RGB' Full

to eradicate what appears to be a haze over the screen.

Don't know if it does it for laptop screens as well as HDMI
output, but you could run xrandr --verbose to see if there
is a non-"Full" Broadcast RGB setting on your output device.