Fedora mirror speed's are low!

Mihuleac Sergiu mihuleac.sergiu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 14:17:05 UTC 2015

Hi!

I'm from Romania, the speed from Fedora repo mirror is very low (from
50kb/s to 1 mb/s when it's good, usually the download speed stays
between 50 and 150 kb/s with the official repos and over 1 mb/s with
other repos ) when doing updates and when I install packages with dnf. I
tried using fastmirror module but I see there is no change and I lose
even more time because of the search for the best mirror.

1. What can I do to resolve this issue?
2. Is there a way to manually test mirrors and chose the best one for me?
3. How do I know witch mirror can I trust?
4. Where can I find a mirror list?
5. How can I create a local mirror?

---
Best Wishes,