Unable to burn an image to a not empty DVD with K3B

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Thu Oct 22 10:50:41 UTC 2015

On 10/22/2015 02:58 PM, Joachim Backes wrote:
> On 22.10.2015 07:34, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 10/22/2015 01:29 PM, Joachim Backes wrote:
>>> Hi F23 testers,
>>>
>>> anybody has been  successful in burning an image (for example the Fedora TC11 boot iso) to a not empty DVD?
>>>
>>> K3B sees that the DVD is not empty and offers a formatting dialog, but the following formatting process will fail, and I don't see why.
>>>
>>> Trying to do the same with brasero succeeds.
>>>

>> What type of DVD?
>
> DVD-RW, Rewritable!

OK.  Wanted to make sure I used the correct type to test.

Found a DVD-RW placed in my drive and brought up k3b.  It showed the drive to contain an "Appendable Data DVD-RW".  I then selected "Burn ISO".  I didn't get any formatting dialog.  It wrote the ISO just fine.

I used Fedora-Workstation-netinst-x86_64-23_Beta.iso and I only have an F22 system with a DVD drive.

k3b-2.0.3-3.fc22

I don't have a fresh, unused DVD-RW to try.

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from computers altogether.