openweathermap

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Thu Oct 22 16:44:14 UTC 2015

On 10/22/2015 04:34 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 10/22/2015 01:27 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>> For a small while (maybe a week), I cannot access to
>> https://openweathermap.org/
>
> I can't get there either.  And, checking at http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/# shows that it's probably down for everybody.  As far as forecasts, I use Firefox and have forcastfox installed.  Works great.

You can get local forecasts from National Weather Service. The output uses the data from the nearest weather reporting station. That's about 8 miles away in my case. Here's the url that applies to me--yours will be different.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=40.95259893600047&lon=-72.92537585999963&site=all&smap=1#.VikSJ89pU0R

--doug