file sharing, screen sharing printer sharing

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 16:58:49 UTC 2015

please check:

avahi-browse --all
+ virbr0 IPv4 antonio's remote desktop on pcdesktop1        Controllo
remoto VNC local
+  p19p1 IPv4 antonio's remote desktop on Fujiantonio       Controllo
remoto VNC local
+  p19p1 IPv4 antonio's remote desktop on pcdesktop1        Controllo
remoto VNC local
+ virbr0 IPv4 antonio's public files on pcdesktop1          WebDAV
Condivisione File local
+  p19p1 IPv4 antonio's public files on Fujiantonio         WebDAV
Condivisione File local
+  p19p1 IPv4 antonio's public files on pcdesktop1          WebDAV
Condivisione File local
+ virbr0 IPv4 pcdesktop1                                    Sito
Web             local
+  p19p1 IPv4 pcdesktop1                                    Sito
Web             local
+ virbr0 IPv4 pcdesktop1                                    Remote Disk
Management local
+  p19p1 IPv4 pcdesktop1                                    Remote Disk
Management local
+ virbr0 IPv4 Samsung ML-1610 @ pcdesktop1                  Internet
Printer     local
+  p19p1 IPv4 Samsung ML-1610 @ pcdesktop1                  Internet
Printer     local
+ virbr0 IPv4 Samsung ML-1610 @ pcdesktop1
_ipps._tcp           local
+  p19p1 IPv4 Samsung ML-1610 @ pcdesktop1
_ipps._tcp           local
+ virbr0 IPv4 Samsung ML-1610 @ pcdesktop1                  Stampante
UNIX       local
+  p19p1 IPv4 Samsung ML-1610 @ pcdesktop1                  Stampante
UNIX       local

when I try to connect to public files on Fujiantonio (WebDAV) sometimes I
get
Tempo scaduto nel risolvere «_webdav._tcp» per il servizio «antonio's

that is:

Timeout in solving «_webdav._tcp» for service «antonio's public files on
Fujiantonio» on local

If I restart manually avahi-daemon everything works fine (but after a while
I have to re-issue the command

> On 10/23/2015 07:22 PM, Antonio M wrote:
> > for more information:
> >
> > [antonio at pcdesktop1 ~]$ dig pcdesktop1
> >
> > ; <<>> DiG 9.10.2-P4-RedHat-9.10.2-5.P4.fc22 <<>> pcdesktop1
> > ;; global options: +cmd
> > ;; Got answer:
> > ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 5517
> > ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1
> >
> > ;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
> > ; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
> > ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> > ;pcdesktop1.            IN    A
>
> dig doesn't use the "search" parameter from the resolv.conf.
>
> So, you will have to spell out the entire domain name.
>
> --
> In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others
> should stay away from computers altogether.
> --

Antonio Montagnani
Skype : amontag52

Linux Fedora 22 (Twenty-two)