libsndfile build on FC22

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 21:43:17 UTC 2015

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 23:28:19 +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

> > The unbundling-gsm patch touches Makefile template/include files, so yes,
> > regenerating the autotools files will be necessary.
>
> I skipped the autoreconf step on my C6 build and the build went fine.
> What will the skipping of the autoreconf step have resulted in?

Build output should tell. Autotools are quite smart, and as long as the
main configure script is available, it may notice that some output files
that are out-of-date. It will tell if it tries to regenerate files.

> The gsm
> library calls being hard linked in the binary instead of creating a
> dependency on gsm?

That's unlikely if the libgsm copy has been removed from the source tree.
Btw, "rpm -qpR …" on the built libsndfile package will tell whether it's linked
with the shared lib or a built-in static lib.