Bluetooth woes (again)

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 18:04:53 UTC 2015

Once again my BT mouse is acting up and I have no idea why. I've been
using it with no problems for months, through successive updates to the
kernel, and it has Just Worked. Then suddenly it doesn't. The
configuration dialogues (on both Gnome and KDE) see the mouse and give
its Mac address, show it as paired, trusted and not blocked, but say
it's "unreachable". The mouse has adequate battery and power cycling
makes no difference.

My BT adaptor is a Broadcom dongle. It has up to date firmware (as of a
couple of months ago).

This has happened several times in the past (e.g. see
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2014-March/447579.html)
and just as suddenly seems to fix itself, sometimes after several days
of complete frustration.

This is F22 fully updated, using both kernel-4.1.8-200.fc22.x86_64 and
 kernel-4.2.3-200.fc22.x86_64

The mouse has never failed on my other system, a laptop running Fedora
21 but with a builtin BT adaptor.

If anyone has something to suggest, I'm all ears.

poc