Burning Fedora to iso

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon Oct 26 21:45:38 UTC 2015

On 10/27/2015 05:39 AM, Kevin Wilson wrote:
> Hello,
> I want to install Fedora 22 on x86_63
> I had downloaded the iso of workstation.
>
> I know I can burn it with k3b, I did this in the past with other releases.
>
> Is there a way I can burn it from the linux command line so the DVD
> can be bootable and so that I
> will  be able to install from it ? for example, with
> cdrecord ?
>
> I will appreciate if somebody can guide me as to the exact command
> line parameters
> which I should set in such a case.

I've not burned an ISO from the command line for quite some time.
Hardly ever do it from a GUI either.  But these have worked for me in
the past.

wodim -eject -tao  speed=2 dev=/dev/sr0 -v -data whatever.iso

and

growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/sr0=whatever.iso

the /dev device may be different on your system and you could probably
use /dev/cdrom

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others
should stay away from computers altogether.