Realtek r8169 always flapping

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Oct 27 07:34:16 UTC 2015

On 10/27/2015 12:27 AM, Kseniya Blashchuk wrote:
> BTW, I thought maybe its not a driver but a NIC issue and some of the
> pins dont work properly. Maybe anybody knows how to check if all NIC
> pins are working?

I have a friend who does all of my hardware work once it gets past the
card swapping phase.  (That I can do myself.)  Some of his wire-wrap
work is heading out of the Solar System, and he doesn't even try to
troubleshoot things like that; he just replaces the card if possible.
However, as the card works fine at 100 Mbps but not at 1000, I doubt
that it's hardware.