Problem - All grub kernel options not showing?

stan stanl-fedorauser at vfemail.net
Tue Oct 27 16:00:52 UTC 2015

On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 20:27:13 +1000
"Michael D. Setzer II" <mikes at kuentos.guam.net> wrote:

> Had a load shedding issue that hit my college building at 2am and
> building generator didn't kick in, and UPS didn't say up for the hour
> outage. Went in at about 6:30am on Sunday to fix things, and found
> that one of my main servers was coming up with the grub menu, but
> only the options for memtest and my g4l special option were showing
> up. None of the kernel option would show up?

What does a diff with a grub.cfg from a working machine show?  Only the
UUID lines should be different.

If that is true, then you could try reinstalling grub on the machine
as it is possible that the software was somehow mangled.  That is, if
the configuration is fine, then it isn't being read properly, and that
could be a software failure.

If it still doesn't work, that would seem to imply something wrong in
the hardware (to me).