Firewall behaviour is strange on one of my systems

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Wed Oct 28 10:52:04 UTC 2015

I am using a desktop where I have connected a printer: if I enable the
firewall I can connect by IP numbers and print if printer is
nameofprinter at IPof desktop (the same with vinagre, i can connect by IP
numbers and not by names): the only way to print (and connect by names
in vinagre, and share Public Files) is to have firewall stopped.

This is my firewall configuration:

FedoraWorkstation (default, active)
   interfaces: p19p1
   sources:
   services: dhcpv6-client dns ipp ipp-client mdns samba-client ssh
   ports: 1025-65535/udp 1025-65535/tcp
   masquerade: no
   forward-ports:
   icmp-blocks:
   rich rules:

any help??? Tnx
--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F22 (Twenty Two)  on PcDesktop1

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
http://campingmonterosa.altervista.org