Bluetooth woes (again)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Oct 30 03:03:08 UTC 2015

Allegedly, on or about 29 October 2015, Rick Stevens sent:
> I've been using my Logitech kb/mouse combo for, hmmm, three years.
> I've had to replace the batteries on them innumerable times (2xAA for
> the kb, 2xAA for the mouse) but they get used heavily 12 hours a day.

That was one of my issues.  They don't seem designed for heavy use, just
occasional interaction.

I don't have any personal need for a wireless keyboard, I nearly always
type at the same location, with a desktop computer:  You have a
collection of hardware that's always going to be there (computer,
monitor, speakers, etc.), anyway.

But a cordless mouse does seem useful, thanks to how the cables wrap
around things, then snag on something, though the battery and wireless
issues outweigh that inconvenience (I used a wireless one for years, so
it's bitter experience).  Long ago I saw what may be the best of both
worlds, and I must go looking again:  Essentially, the mouse pad is
plugged into the computer, and you have a cordless mouse that rides on
top of it (a bit like a Wacom tablet, but using a mouse instead of a
pen).  You get a cable free mouse, but don't need batteries, nor have to
deal with wireless issues.  The mouse pad is about as static on the desk
as a keyboard, so you don't have to deal with shifting cables getting
caught on things.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.

Long ago I gave up on using Windows (TM) [Tantrum Machine], and I've
never regretted it.