F22: Interrupted system update

Honza Šilhan jsilhan at redhat.com
Fri Oct 30 10:40:38 UTC 2015

> From: "Germán A. Racca" <german.racca at gmail.com>
>
> The problem is with systemd, which is NOT duplicated:
>
> # rpm -q systemd
> systemd-219-24.fc22.x86_64
>
> # rpm -V systemd
> S.5....T.  c /etc/sysctl.conf
> .M.......    /var/log/journal
>
> Then again:
>
> # rpm --rebuilddb
>
> and I tried to remove duplicated packages:
>
> # dnf remove $(dnf repoquery --duplicated --latest-limit -1 -q)
> Dependencies resolved.
> Error: The operation would result in removing the following protected
> packages: systemd, dnf.
>
> but it insists in removing systemd and dnf again.
>
> How can I proceed next?

Hi,
you can try:
`# dnf remove $(dnf repoquery --duplicated --latest-limit -1 -q -x kernel\*)`

if it not works you can go one by one package:
1) check the integrity `rpm -V <pkg>`
2) remove the one which is not properly installed `rpm -e --nodeps <pkg>`

(DNF can't remove the packages as `--nodeps` - that could be the case.)

Honza