Upgrade advice

Jeffrey Ross jeff at bubble.org
Fri Oct 30 14:20:44 UTC 2015

I'm looking for some suggestions on how to upgrade an older Fedora system
and keep as many of the configurations as possible for the applications
that are being used.

Currently the system is running Fedora 16 and there are at least two
things that are preventing me from successfully running fedup or the yum
upgrade.

The first stumbling block is that system was installed with separate
partitions for /, /boot, /var, & /usr and I think that the separation of /
and /usr is my biggest issue.

The second issue is the system is setup with RAID1 on all partitions with
the bootloader (Grub ?) installed on both disks in the event of a disk
failure.

I would like to avoid a new/clean install (I know I can preserve /home) if
at all possible.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks, Jeff