building tcl without threads

Paolo Galtieri pgaltieri at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 18:48:19 UTC 2015

I'm trying to install and run sguil, a network security monitor.  In
order to run sguil you need to have tcl installed.  The problem is that
sguil requires a version of tcl built without threads.  The installed
tcl has threads enabled.  I downloaded the srpm for tcl and changed the
spec file to run the configure with --prefix=/usr/local and removed the
--enable-threads flag.  This didn't work, it still built everything
under /usr.  How do I build a version of tcl that I can install under
/usr/local that disables threads?

Any help is appreciated.

Than you,
Paolo