VNC and sound

Chris Kottaridis chriskot at quietwind.net
Fri Oct 30 23:25:46 UTC 2015

I am running Fedora 22 on a machine that is off in a closet and am using
VNC to access it from a machine at my desk. I followed the instructions
in System Admin guide chapter 8:

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/22/html/System_Administrators_Guide/ch-TigerVNC.html

I successfully got Tiger VNC server working. it was quite easy. Cudos to
everyone involved to make that so simple.

My VNC client is Windows TigerVNC version 1.5.

I don't seem to get sound. It doesn't seem to come out on my VNC client
or on the VNC server's sound card. My remote machine is close enough
that I could run a wire from it's sound card to the speakers on my desk
if that is easier. But, right now I can;t get the sound to come out the
VNC server sound card.

Any pointers or recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks
Chris Kottaridis