F22 : No sound from firefox or chrome

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 01:44:10 UTC 2015

On 10/16/2015 07:51 PM, sean darcy wrote:
> On F22 XFCE. Sound works with the XFCE media player Parole. But I get no
> sound from firefox, chrome or midori (the XFCE browser).
>
> But - I do get sound from the TOR browser. ???
>
> PulseAudio Manager shows as clients:
>
> Chrome input
> CubebUtils  - which has a firefox icon next to it
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> sean

Went to :

http://camendesign.com/code/video_for_everybody/test.html

Chrome audio tested on html5, mp4, ogg and WebM. Video all works, no
audio on any.

firefox audio works for ogg and WebM, but not for html5 or mp4.

midori audio works for WebM, but not html5 or mp4. midori crashes on ogg.

Also tried
http://techslides.com/sample-webm-ogg-and-mp4-video-files-for-html5
Same results.

Is there someplace where audio is muted for specific clients ?

paplay Front_Left.wav works. So pulseaudio is not the problem, correct ?

Appreciate some help.

sean