upgrade to 23 when it comes out

Porfirio Andres Paiz Carrasco porfiriopaiz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 06:35:08 UTC 2015

> I installed xface f22 64 bit then installed Cinnamon Desktop . When 23
> comes out if I upgrade using fedup . I think that what is is called .
> Will I get the Cinnamon Desktop . or the xface desktop since it was the
> core install ?

I think fedup is not more available. The new upgrading tool is a dnf-plugin:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/dnf-plugin-system-upgrade/

More details in the wiki:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DNF_system_upgrade

Basically you need to run:
sudo dnf system-upgrade download --releasever=23
sudo dnf system-upgrade reboot

or:
sudo dnf distro-sync --releasever=23

About which desktop you will get, I'm not sure, but I think that every
singel package will be upgrade to the most recent version available on
the new fedora releasea, so both DE should be available for you after
the upgrading.