fedup to F22 issues

Stephen Davies sdavies at sdc.com.au
Sat Oct 31 08:53:59 UTC 2015

On 31/10/15 12:32, Stephen Davies wrote:
> I have just run
> fedup --network 22
>
> and have several issues as a result.
>
> 1. PostgreSQL databases were not upgraded from 9.3 to 9.4 and subsequent
> attempts to do this manually fail due to locale differences (AU vs US).
> (I have requested help on the PostgreSQL list).
>
> 2. Amavisd-new no longer works due to issues with PERL.
> This seems to be a result of updating PERL from 5.18 to 5.20 breaking a bunch
> of modules.
> I thought that I had resolved these by following the hints in cpan error
> messages but cannot install Net::LibIDN because idna.h is missing.
> I am forced to run without spam or virus checking as a result.
>
> 3. All of my local sendmail aliases disappeared causing many inbound emails to
> be rejected.
> I manually rebuilt /etc/mail/aliases to fix this.
>
> 4. After rebooting to F22, I had only one workspace.
> I reconfigured to four via settings but now I get apparently random blank
> screen with just the mouse cursor visible. Not even a task bar.
> The only way that I have found to get my work spaces back is to logout and
> login again.
>
> 5. Some fonts (particularly within Wine apps??) have changed and are much less
> readable than before.
> MyHeritage Family Tree Builder is one example. I have no idea which fonts were
> used in F21 nor in F22.
>
> I'd be grateful for any help in resolving these.
>
> Cheers,
> Stephen

Regarding point 2.
I have confirmed that libidn is installed (11.6.5) and idna.h is in
/usr/include/unicode but Net::LibIDN still will not install.
I suspect a version issue.
Does anybody know what version of libidn is required by Net::LibIDN?

This issue did not exist in F21 and the version of Net::LibIDN has not changed
in ages so I suspect a Fedora issue rather than PERL.