Sorting iPhone image files -

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Sep 1 14:18:14 UTC 2015

On 09/01/2015 03:47 PM, Markku Kolkka wrote:
> 1.9.2015, 16:31, Bob Goodwin kirjoitti:
>> So it seems there probably is either software to sort them or a script
>> that would sort on the date shown by "file."
>>
>> What can I do to accomplish this?
>
> Use exiftool to rename the files based on the creation date:
> http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/#filename

The corresponding Fedora-package is perl-Image-ExifTool.

Try
dnf install perl-Image-ExifTool
or
dnf install /usr/bin/exiftool

Another helpful tool in cases like the OP's is jhead (Package jhead), a
tool which allows to manipulate jpgs' exif data. I am using it to
achieve similar purposes as the OP in shell scripts.

Ralf