PCI-e SSD recommendation for a F22 machine

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 09:33:16 UTC 2015

On 2 September 2015 at 21:45, Ranjan Maitra
<maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to use a PCI-e SSD for the root and swap partitions of a workstation running F22. I am thinking of installing F22 and my swap here -- the machine has 64GB memory. So I am considering getting a 128 GB PCI-e SSD, and leaving 96 GB for swap and 32 GB for /. /home will be on a different SATA HDD.
>
> Do you have any suggestions and recommendations for a 128 GB PCI-e SSD?

Well, since you've had no more useful answers than I can give, 32GB is
just about enough for /. (I've squeezed home and / into that on my
laptop, but need to keep an eye on space). It should work provided the
motherboard supports it and there are modules in fedora for it
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/3goigc/anyone_here_running_fedora_22_with_an_nvme_boot/

Out of curiosity, what are you doing that needs that much memory? I
was going to say with 64GB you probably don't need swap until I saw
how much you were planning to allocate...

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk