PCI-e SSD recommendation for a F22 machine

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Fri Sep 4 16:33:21 UTC 2015

On Fri, 4 Sep 2015 09:20:24 -0700 Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:

> On 09/04/2015 08:18 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> > There was a time, a long time ago, when I compiled the kernel, -O2 and
> > -O3 lead me to different misbehaviour.
> > Being "old" now, I dont compile my kernel anymore ;-
>
> I can remember when the only way to upgrade the kernel was to download
> the source and compile it.  It's been years since I've had to do that,
> and I've no desire to do it again.

I think you are giving me more credit than you should. I do not compile anything to do with the kernel or anything for that matter that comes from the Fedora repos. I was just talking about compiling my own source code.

I usually debug with -g, run valgrind, and then after that recompile with -O3 send it to do the big stuff. -O3 has appeared to be faster than -O2, and not given me weird answers.

Any more suggestions on the PCI-e SSD?

Ranjan