e2fsck after hard shutdown

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Fri Sep 4 21:40:32 UTC 2015

Sometimes if you have to shut-down improperly or power is missing, it
happens that your system doesn't start in the usual way, but in a kind
of emergency mode, and you can enter in it by Ctrl D...after that
usually you have to make a control on your filesystem using an
installation media (DVD or USB key) and running e2fsck at least on your
/home.
Is it not possible to run e2fsck during the standard boot before
filesystems are mounted?? (maybe a stupid question, forgive me and my
bad english)
--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52