after updating to mozilla-https-everywhere-5.1.0-1.fc22, no longer appears in firefox

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 6 16:30:42 UTC 2015

On 09/06/15 05:37, Andre Robatino wrote:
> g <geleem <at> bellsouth.net> writes:
<<<>>>

>> as far as i am aware of https-everywhere has always needed a restart to
>> activate.
>
> Yes, but only one. It didn't need multiple restarts until a few months ago.
> After one restart, I'll see something like both old and new versions
> appearing in the Add-ons tab, then after another restart the old version
> will be gone.
>
>> why you have to restart twice in oos, i do not know. then again, oos is
>> what it is.
>>
>> if it is by chance win10, then that explains a lot.
>
> I've seen the issue in every version of Windows between XP and 10, but only
> in the last few months. Most likely the same issue affects the Fedora
> version as well (I probably didn't see it in Fedora until recently since the
> Fedora version was at 4.0.3 until about a month ago) and is caused by some
> problem with HTTPS Everywhere and has nothing to do with the OS.

.
ok. next time you start firefox, open add-ons, look for old version and
remove it. restart firefox.

after this, if you have old version appear, go to;

  https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/issues

at top right of page, you will see a green [Sign Up] button, click it,
fill out form, after you are approved, return to above page, select
green [New Issues] button, click it, fill out form.

reason, when you upgraded https-everywhere, old version should have
been removed. it might be a firefox bug, maybe not. either way, github
should be able to answer question if removing old version does not
correct problem.

do post back with your results.

much luck.

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.