Can't kill a umount

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sun Sep 6 17:11:18 UTC 2015

On Sun, 6 Sep 2015, Tom Horsley wrote:

> That's probably because the data is just in memory and hasn't
> been flushed to the actual USB device yet. If you do manage
> to kill the umount, you'll probably have corrupted data on
> the USB drive.

Sometimes I get a "drive busy" message from umount,
which then fails.
In that case, a file has usually been open.
Does umount regard this as a different situation?

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards