After a power cut my machine cannot boot

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Sep 9 18:26:13 UTC 2015

On 09/09/2015 10:36 AM, Paul Smith wrote:
> on a F21 machine, there occured a power cut. And now I cannot boot the
> machine, and when I use the rescue mode and try to run again
>
> yum update

I know I'm coming in late, and judging from other replies this probably
won't work, but have you tried yum-complete-transaction?  I'd suggest
using --skip-broken, but that only checks for certain errors in the
files rather than doing what the name implies.

Going off-topic for a moment, and presuming that dnf acts the same way
(I don't, as yet, have a box using it.) should there be a bugzilla
either complaining that the switch doesn't actually do what it says
(e.g., skipping to the next package if this one is broken instead of
only being able to pull it out of the transaction if the signature (I
think it is.) doesn't match.) or requesting that it be renamed to
something more appropriate, with the current switch being left as an
alias for the correct one to keep scripts from breaking.  I'm neutral on
the subject, although I'd prefer that something be done to keep people
from wasting time trying in cases where it doesn't apply.