After a power cut my machine cannot boot

Tom Rivers tom at impact-crater.com
Wed Sep 9 19:20:42 UTC 2015

On 9/9/2015 13:36, Paul Smith wrote:
> I have already tried to get the libidn rpm from a repo, but
> again I get the same error with wget ("/lib64/libidn.so.11: file too
> short").

Have you tried downloading the file from another system and transferring
it using a USB flash drive?  You may also be able to boot from a live
DVD/USB flash drive version of F21 on the broken system and use its
functioning OS to download the file and place it on the hard drive so
you can manually repair the file in question when you boot up normally.

Tom