ImageMagick: possibly OT

stan stanl-fedorauser at vfemail.net
Fri Sep 18 13:49:29 UTC 2015

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 13:52:01 +0100
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:

> Also I find these tutorials hard to read, since they largely use
> orange text on a brown background, which on my laptop
> is difficult to follow.
>
> I find web-sites that use unusual text/background colours a PITA .

In Firefox, it is possible to set the browser to use a font and color
scheme of your choosing, regardless of what the website requests.  It
short circuits much of the prettiness of websites, but the foreground
and background and font and font size are uniform across websites.  Or
you could just set it off and on when you visit sites you find annoying.

Alt key press to bring up menu bar
Edit->preferences->content->advanced
Uncheck box that allows websites to use their own fonts.  You should
set the rest of that page to be a combination you find pleasing.

Alt key press to bring up menu bar
Edit->preferences->content->colors
Set the override for page content to be always, to ensure that your
color scheme is used on all pages you visit.  Again, you should set the
foreground and background colors to be a combination you find pleasing.

If you use a different browser, it probably has the equivalent
functionality.