yum upgrade stuck

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 23:30:22 UTC 2015

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 19:41:48 -0700, Gordon Messmer wrote:

> On 09/19/2015 11:51 AM, jd1008 wrote:
> > --> Processing Conflict: mutter-3.16.2-1.fc22.x86_64 conflicts
> > gnome-shell < 3.16.1
> > How do I resolve this?
>
> Hard to say, since gnome-shell should be in the upgrade set.  Your
> system is in a weird state.

Has any trouble-shooting been done to examine that "weird state"?

gnome-shell >= 3.16.1 clearly is available for F22 in updates, but
that doesn't matter much, if there are duplicates installed, for
example.

Typically, one submits a couple of rpm/dnf/repoquery based queries
to examine what is installed and what is available. Has that been
done yet?

> As has been suggested several times
> already, I think you will be best off doing a clean install.

Only if there is no interest in fixing an otherwise still working
installation. ;-)