ssh -X gnome-terminal

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Mon Sep 21 22:09:16 UTC 2015

On 09/21/2015 02:58 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In fc22 (in fc20 it was OK, if I remember correctly), when I login
> with ssh -X and then on the server, I run gnome-terminal, I get:
> ** (gnome-terminal:2515): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-N20xllktmP: Connection refused
>
> I read a couple of comments about this issue, but I am not sure about the
> right solution.
> Could you help me?
> For example, I found:
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/120612/why-cant-i-run-gnome-apps-over-remote-ssh-session
>
> Thank for your help.

Uhm, I believe you need to edit your /etc/ssh/sshd_config and make sure
you have the line:

	X11Forwarding yes

By default it's disabled (or commented out). Once you edit it, do

	sudo systemctl restart sshd.service

-  "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick"  -
-     themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."       -
-                                  -- Winston Churchill              -