Favorite newsreader for fedora22?

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Thu Sep 24 00:49:58 UTC 2015

On 09/23/2015 05:38 PM, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to check out comp.mail and a number of messaging based
> newsgroups, and can't really figure out Google's usenet web interface
> to be able to just pick a newsgroup.
>
> Do you have a favorite GNOME newsreader for fedora22? Any searches
> come up with newsreaders from years ago...

Probably pan (dnf install pan) is the most popular. If you use
Thunderbird, you can use it to read usenet as well:

	Edit->Account Settings

Click on "Account Actions", select "Add Other Account", select
"Newsgroup account", click "Next" and follow the prompts. Fairly easy.
I don't use it much, but it does work.