Fedora 22 fails to ask for user authentication on reboot

Sudhir Khanger ml at sudhirkhanger.com
Thu Sep 24 08:01:36 UTC 2015

On Thursday 24 Sep 2015 3:36:42 PM Ed Greshko wrote:
> In F21 it worked exactly the same way....  If you are logged in on the KDE
> GUI....
>
> A.  Type "reboot" or "systemctl reboot" at the command line in konsole the
> system immediately reboots.
>
> B.  Select "reboot" or "shutdown" from the klauncher you get a 30 second
> countdown a grayed screen.
>
> C.  Select "reboot" or "shutdown" from the sddm login screen system
> immediately reboots or shuts down.
>
> If you ssh into an F21 system and type "reboot" or "systemctl reboot" you
> must authenticate.

On my system, reboot reboots immediately when run from Konsole or KRunner as
commandline option. If I use sddm, then reboot option gives me 30 seconds
countdown irrespective of where I run from Applications launcher or KRunner.

I have never really SSH-ed into a Fedora system but CentOS 7 always asks for
user password on reboot or poweroff.

So Fedora does abruptly reboots when reboot command is issued.

Did I misread the polkit config I posted in OP?

--
Regards,
Sudhir Khanger,