How do I install rpmfusion packages in Fedora 23 beta?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Sep 26 05:59:40 UTC 2015

On 09/26/2015 01:31 PM, Bill Oliver wrote:

> Just for kicks, I decided to play a bit with Fedora 23 beta.  Yes, I know it's not supposed to work like a production distro, but I thought it would be fun to poke around on it a little.   I sorta need to install a couple of packages from rpmfusion, though.  Unfortunately, they don't have a Fedora 23 setup out yet.
>
> I tried to install the Fedora 22 repositories, but it didn't work.
>

> I get the error:
>

> Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'rpmfusion-free' from
> 'http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/mirrorlist?repo=free-fedora-23&arch=x86_64':
> Cannot prepare internal mirrorlist: No URLs in mirrorlist, disabling.
>

> So, how would I go about, say, installing mplayer in Fedora 23 beta?

I suppose I would edit the repo file and change

mirrorlist=http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/mirrorlist?repo=free-fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch

to this

mirrorlist=http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/mirrorlist?repo=free-fedora-22&arch=$basearch

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from computers altogether.