Is there an app in Fedora that will grab an image from an webcam and use it as wallpaper?

stan stanl-fedorauser at vfemail.net
Sun Sep 27 18:15:49 UTC 2015

There's a site with lots of webcams from all over the world,
http://www.webcamgalore.com .

I would like to use periodic grabs of some of those webcams as a
wallpaper.  Say, every 10 seconds the app goes and grabs an image from
the cam, and puts it as wallpaper.  If offline, or the cam is not
available, it does nothing, leaving the existing image as wallpaper.

I currently use wallpapoz, and it works fine, using wonderful images
I've accumulated.  But it would be neat to watch the waves roll in at
Huntington Beach, or view ships traversing the Panama canal, or see
the Japan snow monkeys at the hot spring, or watch fish swim in a coral
reef, or ...

I did a quick search, and nothing obvious presented itself, so I doubt
there is such software.  But maybe it's just obscure.

Anyone know of such?

Thanks.