firefox?

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 12:55:02 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 12:22:59AM +0000, Andre Robatino wrote:
> Andre Robatino <robatino <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:
>
> > Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > > Looking at bodhi, it doesn't appear that anyone was unaware that the
> > > update required a newer sqlite, and would be delayed if that update
> > > didn't move to stable.
> >
> > Looking at https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-16455 , it's
> > clear that Martin Stransky wasn't aware of it when he submitted it
> > ("Unfortunately I can't remove this update....") and in any case it's policy
> > that groups of packages with mutual deps are supposed to be submitted
> > together as a single update.
>
> Oh I see, you mean none of the testers seemed to be unaware.

I think it is expected a tester will be unaware.  To test, you enable
updates-testing and install the update.  If you do that, of course you
also pull in any dependencies from updates-testing.  This issue was a
problem of delayed push to stable of updates which are dependencies.
The problem is not as trivial as you might think.

--
Suvayu