remove package without its dependencies

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Wed Sep 30 10:48:22 UTC 2015

On 09/30/2015 06:38 PM, James Hogarth wrote:
> On 30 September 2015 at 11:24, arnaud gaboury <arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there any equivalent dnf command for :
>>
>> # rpm --nodeps -e MyPackage
>>

> No because breaking your system on purpose is generally a horrible
> idea - dependencies are there for a reason.

I don't think that *not* removing something that was installed as a dependency will break a system.

I suppose for the purposes of the OP I'd investigate the dnf.conf parameter

       clean_requirements_on_remove
              boolean

              Remove  dependencies that are no longer used during dnf remove. A
              package   only   qualifies   for   removal   via   clean_require‐
              ments_on_remove  if  it  was  installed  through  DNF  but not on
              explicit user request, i.e. it was pulled in as a dependency. The
              default   is  True.   (installonlypkgs  are  never  automatically
              removed.)

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from computers altogether.