fedora 23

Mike Chambers mike at mtchambers.com
Wed Sep 30 16:55:15 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-09-28 at 14:47 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> > You can use "fedup", but that is now a wrapper around dnf
> > system-upgrade. Some of the details are still in flux.
> >
> > Or you can do a fresh install (possibly preserving '/home').
> >
> the only issue I have with a clean install, is reinstalling all of
> the
> packages I add... it is a pain...

Used to think/say the same thing, yes it can be a pain.

THEN, I decided to make a shell script (or 2), that either...

1 - Opens up a lot of config files that I normally edit on a clean
install and I just edit them and close them, so I don't forget what to
change.

2 - Created a 2nd to install all the packages (3rd party or from
Fedora) that I normally install after a clean install that way I don't
forget what to add.  And if there is a current problem with a package
or whatever, I just remove that one package until later.

Kinda of cave man like script but it helps and makes it a lot shorter
config time after the install.

Just something to think about to make installs easier..

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"