Fedora 23 Apper display garbled

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Fri Apr 1 08:17:10 UTC 2016

On 04/01/16 16:05, Mayavimmer wrote:
> Hello list, this is my first question on Fedora lists. Gentle guiding appreciated.
>
> Problem: when I run Apper the progress information, such as "Downloading gcc" and
> similar, is a bit garbled. It seems that it writes "Downloading" first, then overwrites
> it with "Downloading gcc" shifted to the right by 4 or 5 spaces, making it hard to read.
>
> Is this normal? Is it a known bug?
> And how do I search the list to see if it has been discussed already?
> Thanks.

I don't usually use apper but I tested it today and found the same issue you're seeing.

So, at this point you should check to see if it is a known/filed bug in
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/ and if not file a new bug report.

Also, since apper is a KDE component you should consider joining and sending KDE related
queries to the KDE list where many KDE users can be found.

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from
computers altogether.