How to rip a DVD?

fred roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 09:28:58 UTC 2016

you can also try:

dd if=/dev/[dvd device] of=/home/[user]/Video/[Title].iso bs=2048
conv=notrunc

if the write protect fails that then try:

ddrescue -n -b 2048 /dev/[dvd device] [Title].iso

this will create a DVD duplicate ISO file.  VLC, available on the tablets,
will play this easy, and it functions just like the disk; menus, extra
features, etc.

I apologize for the top post.